PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lifeline for the A380?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2021, 19:38
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
(thread drift) Primarily, I do not like the 787 because of it's windows. It is stated that indvidual windows can have their glass set to 'open' by the CC. I have yet to find this. They tell me that they cannot 'open' the window and, consequently, I cannout see out whenever I want to. For early morning, I tell them that I will place a blanket fully over my head so as not to disturb anyone else. No. Cannot be done.

For me, looking at the world from an aircraft window is very important. At night, I enjoy seeing the stars, moon, thunderstorms and the lights on the ground. I particularly like to watch the sunrise at FL390. I do not want to have my view obstructed by fancy electronic windows dreamt up by someone who thought it would be 'modern' or a carrier trying to impose their rules of lockdown - to coin a phrase! They subject me to a colour show of pastel shades when they want to wake me up for food and the window makes the world look pink.

I may have been happily awake, reading, watching and listening and, ideally, take careful peaks out at the passing scene - with the blanket to stop light spilling. I take my sunglasses with me for this treat.

Secondly, I am not comfortable with the design and build of the aircraft. No major prangs to date but never happy about them having to rejig the battery housing and some other points. But that's another story.