PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 5th Jan 2021, 23:03
Predator Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Plans

I suspect that the QF Head Shed are working on two plans. The one being advertised is the best case scenario - everything tracks towards being able to start flying Internationally from 01 July 21. The other (confidential) plan is the worst case scenario. This takes into account Covid +. The plus? If you hadn't noticed things aren't so great around the world and events even bigger than C-19 may be in this planning mix. China, Iran, US domestic politics - take your pick. I suspect that this plan will be the absolute last ditch attempt to keep Qantas International afloat with a core of International expertise if it all blows over.

I reckon that this second plan would be the sweeping away of all industrial agreements and a selection of a small group of personnel to keep the operation in a sort of hibernation. You can speculate on what that would look like. Perhaps just keeping the 787 due to its youth and legs and 300 pilots. Less? From that work out how many people are required to support them.

With left and right of arc established, as events unfold, management can select boxes from each plan's shelves and apply as necessary. Note that I think that government ownership will also be at play if events approach the worst case situation.