PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 5th Jan 2021, 19:29
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blubak
70k is a huge number but for the past few days there have been more tests done in vic than nsw,in reality there are always people who will pick the facts they like out of media reports & use them to their advantage.
There were 2700 tests done in qld recently over 70 sites so avg less then 40 per site but the media didnt like that story.
In the act 1 day recently there were about 200 tests done for the day,what a massive result!
I think you will find that most if not all of the hierachy in the testing scenario right now are trying to get as many people tested as possible but like lots of things its very hard to please everyone & achieve a timeframe that everybody likes or is happy with.
The issue has never been about who is testing more, well for me anyway Vic and NSW the biggest so should be comparative in numbers. My issue is the capability for a state to handle a spike in testing and cope QLD recent debacle WA has never even tried they think 2000 is a massive haul you would think given what Vic has been through no thanks to DA incompetent leadership that they would be the world leaders in this area the Vic gov have not learnt a thing. Only NSW has proven they can handle this pandemic whilst living as normally as possible yes there have been mess ups but lessons learned. Victoria random rule changes based on nothing, the latest this morning not allowing their own residents to cross not only have we now separated as Australians their own state is turning them away.