PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 5th Jan 2021, 03:53
dr dre

Received 372 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Fonz121
Depends how the vaccine is going really. If all the vulnerable groups here are vaccinated and only vaccinated pax are carried with some kind of testing done on arrival I don’t see what the issue is. I haven’t seen the schedule but I’m guessing it’s possibly reduced to start, with the aim of ramping up once everyone here has had the jab.
The vaccine will only stop the severity of the the disease, not specifically infection. There’ll still be vaccinated travellers who spread it, but not nearly as much as those with a full blown version of the disease. Eventually with enough herd immunity the virus won’t find anywhere to go and spread won’t be exponential.

There are some at risk groups with weak immunity who can’t be vaccinated successfully so herd immunity will
be crucial to protecting them. But yeah it’s telling how international are iced are planned to begin in July, I thought the vaccine rollout wasn’t going to be completed until closer to year’s end, but management might have more accurate info from the government on when the critical levels will be reached.