PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ireland Considers Purchase of AD Fighters
Old 4th Jan 2021, 20:43
pr00ne

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Hot 'n' High
pr00ne, I suspect you and Tuc are refering to the same basic process - just by a different name - and maybe from different eras and/or areas. I used "Business Cases" myself in the 90's, and weren't there things called "Alternative Assumptions" ahead of that delightful bunfight called the latest "LTC round"? TBH, I've forgotten how it all hung together - quite possibly as it wasn't entirely clear to me at the time!!!!!

I do recall one Project I was managing (I was working remotely with my own little Team based on the other side of the country from HQ) and, each month, I'd submit a fairly detailed picture of actual spend vs planned spend and an updated FOO. Eventually, the phone rang and the PA to the Finance bod wanted to speak to me.

"H 'n' H, we are all just wondering but why do you keep on sending in these Financial Progress Reports?". "Coz Finance bod told me to!". "Ahhhhhhh, OK. We just thought it a bit odd .... as you are the only one who seems to have even the vaguest clue as to how much they are spending! No-one else from here even sends them in any more!".

MoD finance at it's best!!!!

Hot 'n' High,

My experience is very current, as in about 6 hours ago! So the process I described is what is used now.