PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why did you choose...?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2021, 06:31
Sorath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting my journey on February (currently I have no licences). I chose my school because it offers the modular route with a "pay as you go" scheme and the timeline can be 100% tailored to your needs. It's the only place I felt I was not being robbed, plus the final price tag is a little below average.

That would be my main reason, the ease to be able to have a 9-5 job as an engineer and be able to gain my licences throughout 3-4 years in a relaxing and enjoyable way without having to get a loan. My "close second" reason would be that the school has a nice fleet of 15 aircraft with a (apparently) good in house maintenance. CZECH PS28 Sport Cruiser, Cessna 172, Piper PA28 Cadet and Piper PA34 Séneca Turbo.

I also ended up choosing modular because I have come to terms with myself that I might never become a airline commercial pilot with a stable and ACCEPTABLE job with this uncertain future. But my desire to become a pilot with a CPL is way bigger than needing to know for certain that I will be a CPT of a Legacy carrier in 20 years time.

Hope it helps your research