PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Soar...
Thread: Soar...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 23:08
David J Pilkington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deja vu
Thinking back to all the YMMB based training and charter outfits that I have known over the years that are all long gone. Maybe RVAC still exists but what about Schutts, Civils, Peninsula, Ken Sharp's GFS, Campbell-Hicks, Combined, Australian Air Charters, Airchart, Bassair, Flinders Is. Airways, Phoenix, John Corrells, Nicholas Skyways, Jayrow, Pipair, Peter Bini and numerous others that came after I stopped frequenting Moorabbin. Essendon and Bankstown the same.
Some still going fine, some rebadged or taken over and still here in another form.

Originally Posted by deja vu
All have in common is leaving people without jobs.
Be interesting to compare the numbers employed pre-COVID with those employed in earlier years.

Originally Posted by zanthrus
Neel Khokhani ... said to me about the Scoopon/Groupon vouchers for TIF's, "I don't care if the customer never redeems their voucher as I already have their money". This summarises his attitude completely.
Depends on the context of what he said to you. I said the same about some charity flights - more than happy to fly them even after some years have passed but I'm not going to chase them. Gee, until a year or so ago, most vouchers expired after a year and many Finance Managers would say the same - ever tried to use an expired movie voucher?