PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 19:09
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I’m sick of all this bull about trapped citizens both internationally and locally in NSW and elsewhere. These people have only themselves to blame unless they have suffered an accident rendering them unfit to travel when warnings were first given.

IF YOU TRAVEL ANYWHERE AT ALL, YOU SHOULD HAVE A ‘GET HOME’ PLAN!

In regard to Covid 19, blind freddy could tell you that there was a finite chance that Victorian and other borders would close sometime after a case was detected in NSW, but the stupid idiot Victorians still stupidly: (a) Had made plans to visit NSW, (b) Did not abandon said plans immediately the scale of the outbreak became apparent, (c) did not have either a plan or the brains to immediately get across the border once the speculation started!

FFS, I visited The Mornington Peninsula for a few days after Christmas but even for that trip, I told the wife “any hint of covid 19 in Melbourne and we are out of here right now” and back to our place in country Victoria. There is simply no excuse for not having a “bug out plan” right now. Our neighbours kids work in mines in Queensland. They were home for Christmas, then decided to go camping at New year and voila! They now will do 14 days quarantine on return to Queensland today. Other friends had booked a Noosa resort and until yesterday thought they could go today! How dumb do you have to be! Any travel away from your region is risky right now.

Internationally when travelling we always carry a few thousand US Dollars - enough to get us two tickets home or to a stable country in the event of a natural disaster or emergency of some kind. In some places you also need to keep your passport with you. Be aware that credit cards may not work in a disaster and there is no substitute for a handful or two of American dollars most places on the globe.