PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation East Coast
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 10:13
SandyPalms

Received 93 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by davidclarke
Probably just hearsay, but is there any truth to the rumour about a mainline pilot calling a network pilot a “scab” in the Perth staff car park?

I don’t know how I would in that situation, but it wouldn’t be favourably. It has to be one of the most disgusting words I have ever heard.
Don't know, and it would be impossible to verify if it did or didn't. It suits the narrative that it did, so therefore to some determined network pilots, it must be true.
The truth is of course, its probably not. Just like all the statements on this site over the years about QF blokes walking past pilots of other airlines and just shunning them in some sort of superiority play. The truth that I've seen is exactly the opposite. But that doesn't suit the narrative of the QF blokes being the bad guys because they get paid more. It actually beggers belief that some on this industry subscribe to that belief. Jealousy I guess, but I can't figure out why anybody in this industry would like to see more lower paid jobs, rather than the opposite. It's crazy.
Thee tall poppy syndrome is alive and well.