PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 22:36
lc_461

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was an interview done by the QLD CHO I think that described the rollout as one of the biggest logistical exercises ever done. Australia is one of the most decentralised populations in the world. Don't forget some communities in regional Australia don't even have a hospital with doctors.. Israel couldn't be more than 1/20th of the land mass.
Traditionally government is not great at large projects (remember the census...). I know it is upsetting for those in aviation (myself included), but I'd rather them take an extra few weeks to sort out the logistics and supply chain and try and get it right. The alternative is an almost certain clusterf#ck. I think Australia also has a much better chance of higher community coverage and take up by going through the proper channels rather than emergency protocols.
You have to remember for lots of the public (especially WA and QLD where little to no effort is being put into social distancing anymore), the virus is not impacting life and they are skeptical as to why they should even bother with the vaccine.. There was an article for Singapore or Korea where only 50% said they would bother with the vaccine due to skepticism about the emergency protocols. That would be a worst case scenario here. The same thing happened at the height of the first wave with the Covidsafe app, now a white elephant. Govt only has once chance to get it right with the population, and I think in this case they are spot on.