PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 03:30
Transition Layer

Received 85 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
No objections to your first paragraph TL. I understand that. I’m hopeful and quietly confident that the aims of the PPP are honourable and won’t disadvantage people who aren’t able to organise the time off their new employment to do it. I’m also hopeful that they may be able to sort out some flexible arrangements/ modes of delivery for it.

However, if those further down the list (who haven’t flown yet) are able to take leave from their secondary employment to stand up and fly for a month, wouldn’t that mean they’d able to take leave for the PPP also?

As a side note, no one was ‘forced’ onto LWOP. Many on here advocated strongly against taking it unless you had something else up your sleeve already.
The big problem comes when leave is not available from your secondary employer, perhaps due to length of service or staffing levels. Do you risk that full time job which will see you through the next year, for what is effectively now a casual position at QF offering one month of work every so often? And from a financial perspective, the secondary employment might pay poorly which means the need to stay “attached” to QF in order to dip into leave as required, especially once JobKeeper ends.

Qantas wants all the flexibility in the world, but aren’t willing to pay for it. It can’t go on like this indefinitely.