PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 1st Jan 2021, 22:51
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KZ Kiwi
I suspect that if people are unable to SU and participate in the PPP due to secondary employment then they will have to take LWOP This may well be a tactic to force more onto LWOP.
The PPP is aimed at crew who are standing up once every 4-6 months. IE those that still want the flying when it comes around. For those who have been stood down longer than 6-7 months (IE, those who have opted out of flying completely because of their new employment status), they do the new training courses as now outlined in the TACM whenever they decide to stand up and fly.

I know that from the discussions I’ve had with a few different people the LWOP aspect hasn’t even rated a mention. They were in fact quite conscious of the impact the PPP would have on people’s employment. Various iterations were being considered including it being just a weekend thing that people could fit in around their employment or be able to do whilst just taking an extra day or so off from their current work. Of course stupid lock down rules complicate things considerably and I don’t know how or why it ended up as the current system.

To suggest it’s intent or even secondary effect is to force people onto LWOP? I think that just demonstrates once again that pilots tend to jump at shadows.

I fear this year will feel longer and harder than last year as frustrations over what is occurring (or not occurring) increase. The PPP has already increased the level of angst for some as they work through what it means from them without more information. Theories such as the above will only increase the level of angst for some.

Be nice to each other. Take care. Happy New Year to all.