PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you do it again?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2021, 12:11
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would I do it again?

I think I would yes, but not in times like these.

I started flight training in 2011. In the hope 2013 the Market will be better. Which was not the case.

Started working in a small airline operating for the 2nd biggest Airline in Germany on the Bombardier Dash8 Q400 as a Flight Attendant. Then after 20 months moved on to the mainline as a FA.

All together 3.5 years working as a FA. Learned a lot in that job and the Airline was really grateful to us. It was the best employer I ever worked for in my life.
The airline went Bust.

Then worked in service on trains in DB on the ICE trains. Sucked all the way. Luckily FINALLY got my first job on B737 in an ACMI Club. Flew there 2 seasons and moved on from there to a Small ACMI company also on the B737. Worked there 6 months, and then BAM. Corona. Bye-bye flying.

But I am very hard to break, so decided to start my own business together with a business partner. It starts to develop very well and expecting to become successful this year.
In the meanwhile, as I have not much of transferable skills, I am working in one of the Big guys in Parcel Business as a delivery guy and next to it Food delivery in Takeaway as well. Just to pay the bills.

What I would suggest anyone with a passion for Aviation and becoming a pilot. Make sure you dont screw yourself with huge loans and going to L3 and such Scum clubs who rip you off. Study, work and in free time obtain licenses if you really want to become a pilot. Then you will have not so much financial stress in times like these.

My debt is not excessively high, so I can survive pretty well from my present two jobs.

All in all, if you want to become a pilot, make sure you REALLY want it. Otherwise, you waste loads of money and then you will find out that your passion was actually not so great as you thought, but then it is to late.

It is not all about flying a shiny jet. Ray Ban Aviator Glasses, Breitling Watches, having fun with Stewardesses.
It is a tough job, very undervalued by most airlines and you will be treated as such.