PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2021, 11:58
Australopithecus

Received 82 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by JJ 789
Actually go check your figures again on the CDC website. I as a 33 year old have a miniscule chance of dying if I contract COVID. Look at the average age of death for COVID-19. It's not even a high consequence infectious disease (downgraded in the UK back in March).
Also while you're at it, have a look at the figures for the Pfizer vaccine in the UK. Almost 3% of people who have received it have had some sort of reaction / side effect which had them seeking medical attention, missing work etc.
So yeah, give me COVID thanks
To be clear, I don’t care if you get vaccinated or not. . You will have skin in the game.I will not. Chances are you will be exactly in the vast group of your contemporaries that emerge free of lasting damage or even inconvenience. If not, well, you rolled the dice...

WRT to the side- effects of the Pfizer vaccine in the UK. Really? Examine the data and the commentary and then get back to me. The trial set was plenty large enough to reveal issues. They didn’t arise in the phase 3 trials, but they do in the twittersphere? Someone had better rewrite my statistical analysis texts then. Sore triceps and a short duration low grade fever are part of the standard reaction to vaccines.