PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2021, 06:34
De_flieger

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kingRB
you'll need to provide some citations there if you want to state it as fact- otherwise i'll just dismiss it as the very "social media research" BS that you were on about in your original post, and typical hyperbole with this subject. As far as I am aware there is precisely zero peer reviewed studies or widespread research being conducted on "lengthy long-covid illness or permanent disability", because there is nothing new or unique about it. It has no greater risk factor of lasting ongoing symptoms that differs at all to previous SARS Coronavirus or Influenza.
Those statements are incorrect.

There are numerous peer reviewed studies completed or being done into the long-term health effects of coronavirus due to the numbers of people experiencing long term symptoms or organ damage. You can read about one study that was done at St Vincents Hospital (Sydney) here: Australian study finds COVID-19 'long haulers' suffer symptoms months after coronavirus infection or one that was done in the UK here: Southmead Hospital publishes pioneering research on long term effects of coronavirus. There are many others out there, I don't want to spam you or the message board with links, but there is a lot of research being done in hospitals in many different countries all over the world including Australia and the USA on this exact topic, these results can be found relatively easily via Google taking you to their publishers or research organisations.