PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2021, 05:12
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by kingRB
That's why I wouldn't go anywhere near it until AVMED and CASA approves it for flight crew. I believe the FAA have already in the US. Hopefully puts some responsibility back on the regulator. I won't be holding my breath though.

That non social media research as you put it probably would mean you are aware that many people that contract it may not even have symptoms. Then develop their own immunity to it, no difference to the result of a vaccine. But that's worse by a factor of a million is it?
Why no it isn’t in fact. I was taking poetic licence. In actual fact Covid-19 is much worse than that. I will save you the time: if infected, with any of the current known mutations you have an approximately 2% chance of dying, and an approximately 20% chance of having a lengthy long-covid illness or permanent disability. If you get the vaccine you have a demonstrated zero chance of dying, and a possibility of an easily treated allergic reaction approximately 1 in 2 million times.

Aviation is never coming back without a wide scale vaccination programme, and I would not be surprised to see them made mandatory by employers, governments and health care providers. .