PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 1st Jan 2021, 04:30
Transition Layer

Received 88 Likes on 34 Posts
The newly announced PPP (Pilot Preservation Program) must surely be in doubt now with hard border closures all over the country. I note that attendance is compulsory.

Can the company force the program onto us? I gather that we will be stood up for maybe just a week or so. The ramifications for many people are huge if forced to isolate and therefore jeopardise their secondary employment. These secondary jobs are what is keeping food on the table and roofs over heads - not the paltry JobKeeper payments. Many people I speak to are extremely grateful for the lifeline handed to them by other companies, and won’t want to risk that. These such scenarios will continue to arise as flying increases and/or restrictions come and go and Qantas wants more and more flexibilities but doesn’t seem to want to pay for it.

I’m very happy there is finally recognition that we need to maintain our skills but at what point do we need to say enough is enough...we aren’t casual workers! Does AIPA have an opinion?

Last edited by Transition Layer; 1st Jan 2021 at 06:16.