PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2021, 02:22
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach E Avelli
The friction would have to be very loose for the lever to run back as quickly as it did in the video. Also the horn would be hard to ignore. Not saying impossible, merely improbable given the crash evidence of the mis set trim. In the very short time he was airborne it is doubtful that full rudder trim could have been wound on - it is fairly slow. Again, not impossible but I believe improbable given that he was yelling out "Mayday" repeatedly at the same time.
Believe it or not, but the difference between the lever staying put, and the lever dropping back, can be about as much as half a turn. It is a little “aircraft dependant” depending on age, wear and tear (some people damage them by cranking them on way too tight for example) etc- having flown several they are all a little different, in my experience.

as for the gear horn, you won’t get it with one lever back and the gear still down, as in the accident case gear was down, the video I posted gear was up.

speed of trim? I could spin it to one side pretty quick, probably from neutral to full one side in 1-2 seconds without difficulty, but that’s me. Not a normal rate of using it though, mind you, but if I had to I could that quick.