PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2021, 00:17
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
It’s plausible, but doesn’t explain why the trim was all the way to the left. Sometimes the most obvious answer is staring you in the face.

Im only talking about the power lever moving, in generic terms, not in any specific relation to this event and the trim position.

however, if we want to get into combinations, another plausible scenario is, IF he did have the power lever drop back, did he incorrectly wind the rudder trim the wrong way in the heat of the moment?
We will never know. But it’s not an impossible scenario that the trim gets wound the wrong way.

i would have liked the power lever issue to be investigated/reported more, but without a working CVR from the accident flight a spectral analysis cannot be done to find out (unlike the VP-BBK crash).

LB, unfortunately I don’t get to have fun in the king air any more, so I’ve not been able to access a sim or aircraft to look at things.
however, I have personally experienced the left power come back whilst sitting in both seats.
As Mach has mentioned, shouldn’t be an issue (and it wasn’t) because if you put your hand straight back into the power levers, you’ll sort it out quick smart.