PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-11
Thread: Ryanair-11
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2020, 14:01
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Ryanair is not the most forgiving of airlines - there are more traps a passenger can fall into, and mistakes by passengers tend to be punished more severely. I've flown with Ryanair over 250 times for leisure, but know that when dealing with the FR website, I need to concentrate fully on what I'm doing and that I need to be hawk-like against being taken advantage of. I know that I will have to argue hard (and possibly revert to use of law) on anything which is a grey area, where other large airlines might be more prepared to accept they were at fault. When things go wrong with Ryanair, resolving them is always painful. Ryanair are the only airline where I've had to raise multiple chargebacks via my credit card on different occasions or make recourse to courts for claims

When I took my dad (in his 70s) on a flight with them I found myself regretting not paying more and giving him the comfort of a legacy carrier

Yes, the fares are cheap, flights delays are few and I still use Ryanair, but I know I'm dealing with a shark and to expect sharp practice from them

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 31st Dec 2020 at 14:18.