PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2020, 03:03
Grogmonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centaurus,

There is no interconnection between rudder trim setting and nose wheel on a King Air. There is a connection between rudder pedal and nose wheel which you would expect. It is my belief that you could input sufficient force to overcome fully deflected rudder trim during the take-off roll and the initial climb long enough to recognise and correct. That is if there was no other contributing factor like an engine failure. The point I have been trying to make all along is that regardless of the trim setting the aircraft would have climbed like a homesick angel, even with the gear still extended, while both engines operated normally. The accident aircraft didn't perform just as it does not when one engine rolls back with PLM. The other point I should make is when the power lever migrates rearward it doesn't go back to flight idle but to a point where its still producing about 600 ft lbs of torque however the prop will disc up and cause significant drag along with associated performance reduction normally resulting in about a 300-500 ft/min descent rate with gear extended.

Groggy