PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2020, 02:23
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Potsie Weber
Exactly how do you keep infections simmering along at a low rate without lockdowns or severely restricting people’s movements?
If Gladys had gone hard just prior to Christmas ala what Steven Marshall did in SA in November Sydney could’ve been enjoying a Covid free NYE. Instead she went for a half assed approach, concentrating on the Northern Beaches whilst the virus is now all over the city and no mask mandate. And they’re letting NYE fireworks and the cricket go ahead??? Insanity, I’d like to find out who will profit from those events and how they’re connected to the NSW Liberals.

Say what you will about the Victorian government they’ve gone for mandatory masks indoors, capacity restrictions and tighter borders less than 24hrs after the cases were announced, which gives me more confidence they’ll remain on top of the outbreak than Gladys will.

Originally Posted by Australopithecus
You don’t, obviously. I am always bemused at pilots clamouring for open borders as though that would restore the loads and the industry to normal.
100,000 aviation jobs lost in the US this year without a single US state border closure.