PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2020, 02:08
TechLad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for your responses, really appreciate it.

I believe that I do have an aptitude for aviation, and study in general. Hard work is also fine considering I don't think anything aviation related is fascinating. Though cleaning the club house toilets may not be quite as much fun. I'm also pretty good with people, as relationship building was critical in my former career. Regarding the getting my hours up, what would you suggest is the best way to pursue this? Note that I can offer to work for free, full time, which might give me an edge over others? I'm happy to do as many quals as I can, so will also do those other courses you've mentioned along the way.

In the immediate future I'm going to plow into my PPL - I've heard great things about Lilydale Flight School in Victoria (La Trobe is a bit far to commute there regularly). They also offer the CPL course, so I'm assuming it would be good to have the continuity of training there? It sounds like there are also some schools in Tassie that I can look into should I make the move there - Par Avionics for one. Thanks again - I can't wait for 2021 to begin so I can really devote myself to this new direction. It's incredibly exciting, and I can't believe that - whatever happens - I'll be able to make my dreams of flying come true. (urgh, I'm such a gushing noobie, aren't I?!)