PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 30th Dec 2020, 22:24
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PilotLZ

You have your facts muddled up somewhat as pointed out by Hawker.

It was 5,000EU to join the programme in Autumn 2017 (in 2016 and prior it was 30,000EU). This then rose to 10,000EU and has now subsequently risen to 30,000EU. All for the exact same course, in the space of 3 years.

The APS MCC (I think is what you refer to) was run by Ryanair 'approved' academies and charged at a price set by the academy. I'm not aware of any place that was charging 5,000, the lowest I found at the time was 7,000 in Germany. Thankfully I never did it anywhere because in hindsight the whole thing is a needless moneymaking invention and my standard MCC was more than enough to get me that first job with an airline that actually even paid me to do their type rating, imagine that. It is how things should be in fact.

Are you aware of how many people went entirely out of their way to do the RYR APS MCC at whatever 'approved' academy and for whom that MCC turned out to be utterly worthless for the purpose of which they undertook it? All encouraged by RYR but they aren't stupid enough to hold any liability for it all - that's on you and your own wallet.

Anyway back on track, A 737 type rating does not cost 30,000 or anything near it, nor is it what Ryanair pay for it once you give them your money. I don't know about everyone else but my money is extremely hard earnt and I don't fancy being taken for a clown by handing it over in this manner to anybody trying to rip me off.