PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your Scariest Flight ?
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2020, 13:20
Ancient Mariner

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by MDScot
Back when DC-10s had a series of door related issues, climbing out from IAD, the entry door started to whistle as the pressure differential increased. Flight attendant at the nearby jump seat started to yell at those of us sitting in the front few rows of economy to move QUICKLY to the back of the plane ! I demurred, thinking that I would be better in my seat with my belt tightly buckled! Before we could discuss further, there was a loud "THUNK" as the door in finally seemed to seal properly. My neighbors came back to their seats. and n we went to LAX without any further incident..
Something along those lines. Many, many moons ago I was a tiny little bit late arriving at the docks one morning in Salvador, Brazil and my ship was on its merry way to Santos sans me.
I was put on a a twin engined propeller plane, I have no idea of make or type, that would take me to Rio de Janeiro. One or two remaining brain cells suggests VASP?
Anyways, as the cow's size decreased, the whistle throught the front door, which happened to be next to me, increased until it reached a level sufficient high enought to pull a stewardess out of the cockpit. She calmy reached above my head, pulled out a blanket, rolled it up and offered it to the clearance between door and frame and the delta pressure took care of the rest.
Problem solved, back to cockpit for more flirting. Or so I, aged 16, assumed.
Per