PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth residential ATPL g/school
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2003, 00:38
Tim_donovan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil EPTA and BCFT

Tri,

I am nearly though my groundschool at EPTA and can give you the low down on what I think of the place. I also know someone at BCFT.
So EPTA, there are 2 groundschool modules running at the same time and the tutors are pretty dam good. However, it did take a bit of time to settle in and a few days of head banging to start
But once you have got the basics it's fine.

The manuals are average but you get the most from the tutors who are happy to talk about any problems you might be having.

Morale is great we all try and get together for the odd beer or two. Even the mention of 10-a-side football last week. Dry slope ski-ing after Xmas.

Why did I choose the school?
Reasonable class sizes and plenty help.

I did look at BCFT and the class sizes at the time were smaller but I felt it better to be in a slightly bigger class to bounce ideas off.
I think there are pro's and con's for small class sizes.
But it has turned out to my benefit because I failed a few subjects and it mean't that there was a course that I could jump on to straight way. I don't think BCFT can offer that. (correct me if I am wrong!!!!)

They also offered free re-trainning. I know that may sound strange (or even negative) but I was not that clever at exams(earlier years), so thought it best to give me that little bit of extra security

All in all I am happy with my choice and would recommend it to others.

Bad points:
Bloody freezing at the moment as they are extending the building and there is a f***king great hole in the place.
Bloody hot in the summer no air conditioning.

They say air con will be installed next year so bonus if they do!!!

Drop me a line if you want anything else or drop in the school.

Tim