PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2020, 02:23
megan

Received 403 Likes on 211 Posts
but what’s the best way to find a school that is reputable and honest? I’ve heard horror stories
You have to be careful even when a school comes with recommendations, caveat emptor and all that. Had two experiences, one came highly recommended due to the quality of instructors and instructing, but the business side less so, to the extent they were cashing cheques of students who had paid up front on they day they folded, trading while insolvent, had foreseen the likely outcome and made arrangements where fuel had been purchased at a particular aero club to let me know if they had trouble getting paid and I'd pay the bill, which is what occurred, and I deducted that amount when the administrator presented his invoice for monies due.

If I could give a thumbs up it would be to the Latrobe Valley Aero Club, even got a student a job a week before they did their commercial ride, and the arrangement was made during an instruction flight when the business concerned rang the instructor asking for recommendations, but we're talking a decade ago.

The very best of wishes in your ambition.

Oh, and never ever pay monies up front, I repeat, never ever pay monies up front, I repeat .........