PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-11
Thread: Ryanair-11
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2020, 19:13
HKGBOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't see any long haul getting underway soon.
It's not a question of customer confidence- but Government policies.
Currently flights (as are pax) from the UK are banned to India, Singapore, Philippines, & Hong Kong. Even HKG residents can no longer fly to HKG if they have been in the UK within 14 days. Even then, they need a PCR test before & on arrival - if negative result you are compulsory quarantined in an appointed hotel- at your expense for THREE weeks now.
Thailand is not expected to start any vaccination until May/June.
( As an aside all the M &S chilled food shelves in HKG are empty due to the complete lack of flights between the two countries)
So, only shorthaul is where any up swing will be. Right on Ryanair territory. They are able to act swiftly to demand & are perceived not to be as "clunky" as the Orange rivals in terms of flexibility on scheduling.
I'm not a fan of the outfit, but they always seem to land on their feet with deep pockets to ride out problems. I'm not a fan of their Jab and go adverts either. It is simply something you cannot do. Who are they trying to appeal to at the moment? The over 80s in care homes? I think it's a stupid and baffling ad.