PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2020, 18:14
ex-fast-jets

Received 84 Likes on 22 Posts
Think carefully, tartare - and before you spend your hard-earned money, don't get confused by the banter..........

I have had two charcoal Webers, and three Gas Webers........

The charcoal ones are fine and produce good food - but I find the convenience of the gas ones so much better. Propane in the UK for all year use.

I use a wood chip box with a variety of wood chips to produce smokey flavour on the gas variant.

Last night, I cooked a bone-in rib of beef - easily switching from full afterburner to sear the joint initially, and then switching to indirect heat to slow cook, followed by another burst of afterburner to get the desired outside.

When rested, it was a beautiful medium-rare, verging on rare, with great flavour. Charcoal could do the same, but I know it would be much more labour intensive and take a whole lot longer from lighting the BBQ to shutting it down. OK - more beer drinking time, but how much do you need, realistically??

My current gas Weber has three burners - left, centre and right - which I find great. When I buy another, I will buy the same.

Whatever you decide - best wishes and enjoy!!

Last edited by ex-fast-jets; 29th Dec 2020 at 18:52.