PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline job opening for foreign nationals in canada
Old 29th Dec 2020, 00:37
cnd777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man,

Given the current circumstances I would say that coming to acquire your license in Canada is certainly possible as Canadian flight schools currently rely on foreign students heavily. That said be careful on what flight schools sell you to get you in the door. A career at a major Canadian Airline (or even LCC, Regional) may not be as likely as they make it seem. You must keep in mind that if you are coming on a student VISA that it does not give you the legal right to work in Canada more than 20 hours a week and when you have completed your studies you no longer have this right to live and work in Canada automatically.

As the previous poster mentioned thousands of pilots will have to be recalled over the next couple years and with the current government's attitude towards the aviation sector it will be a smaller industry in Canada going forward. That means the thousands of airlines pilots who hold seniority
numbers at these carriers will need to be recalled before a single new pilot can be hired in which case there will be a number of pilots from smaller carriers lining up for those jobs all of which already have the right to live and work in Canada. I personally don't believe that we will see the movement we saw in the previous years for sometime if ever again.

Obviously this just my opinion not trying to deter you, just trying to be realistic.
Either way good luck to you which ever route you choose.
Feel free to PM if you have any further questions.
-C