PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Driving the Runway
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2020, 16:50
tcasblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BizJetJock
You assume incorrectly for a VFR airfield on a foggy day!
While I did say 'reasonable amount of movements overall", as opposed to on a foggy day. I take note of what you are implying. I was just curious if this is something that anyone here has done at an airport in the UK like Blackbushe. Is it something that one can expect to be allowed to do at your typical overall busier general aviation airport.

Since the initial post, I have read further along in the report and it says this....

"Low Visibility Take-off (LVTO) A Take-off where the RVR is less than 400m NOTE: LOW VISIBILITY PROCEDURES FOR TAKE-OFF AT AERODROMES THAT ARE NOT APPROVED FOR CAT II & III OPERATIONS Until such time as the concept of Low Visibility Take-off procedures is established for aerodromes not authorised for Cat II or Cat III operations, the following temporary guidance is deemed to fulfil JAROPS1 requirements. An operator should make every reasonable effort to verify that Low Visibility Procedures for take-off are established at the aerodrome where Low Visibility Operations (operations in visibility of less than 400 metres) may take place. Until further notice it may be accepted that these procedures ensure that only one aircraft at a time is allowed on the manoeuvring area and that vehicle traffic on the manoeuvring area is controlled and restricted to the absolute minimum."