PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and the Aviation industry
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2020, 11:33
FlyingStone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7. As regards leasing:
(a) the Parties shall grant each other the right for their air carriers to provide air transport services in accordance with Article AIRTRN.3 [Traffic rights] in all the following ways:
(i) using aircraft leased without crew from any lessor;
(ii) in the case of air carriers of the United Kingdom, using aircraft leased with crew from other air carriers of the Parties;
(iii) in the case of air carriers of the Union, using aircraft leased with crew from other air carriers of the Union;
(iv) using aircraft leased with crew from air carriers other than those referred to in points (ii) and (iii), respectively, provided that the leasing is justified on the basis of exceptional needs, seasonal capacity needs or operational difficulties of the lessee, and the leasing does not exceed the duration which is strictly necessary to fulfil those needs or overcome those difficulties;
The leasing bit only applies for the traffic rights set in AIRTRN.3, which only really mentions traffic between UK and the EU (and onwards journey if applicable). It does not cover the flights from UK to non-EU countries. I suspect that EU ACMIs operating for UK airlines on non-EU flights would be subject to bilateral agreements between UK and the destination country.

I'm glad the consumers will be better off, though. Less choice, more complex rules, increased operating costs that airlines wouldn't think in a million years to pass on to the ticket buyers.