PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New book about Thomas Cook - Pulling Wings from Butterflies
Old 27th Dec 2020, 09:15
NOMANSNEMESIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wing Commander Fowler
A320 Glider

Well yes they should! Question is will they? The book implies they simply ARE the "types" to hang but NOT their own heads and certainly not in shame. Truly immoral types. Hopefully, books like this will show these people for what they are - scum! The industry is in a spiral dive and it began long before another disease appeared over the horizon this year.......
I worked for this lot from 1998 to 2004.

I left after a very bizarre command upgrade check ride that I didn't agree with.

The management at the time were clearly aggrieved by my resigning without a job to go to.

Much to my surprise I couldn't even get an interview with other airlines with the same type! It rapidly became obvious that the petty and vindictive management of My travel were wrecking my job chances.

To get a new job I had to resort to outmaneuvering the old management by telling old colleagues that I was going to interviews at a specific airline whilst actually going for interview somewhere else.

I was three months in to this other job when they worked out where I was and was called into the office for a most threatening meeting that I can only assume came from contact with the old management.

Nasty vindictive small minded people!