PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Part 66 logbook filling information
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2020, 18:06
MAC 40612

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Thilina Wijerathne
Do you mean that the log book can be filled with observed and assisted tasks only for the whole two years. Then he can apply for the license and the NAA will accept it. He will not be able to write any task as carried out tasks. Only he can write the tasks as observed and assisted tasks
What I was saying was that in the UK, they were clamping down on "observed tasks" you had to a least assist and in that way the trainee filling in the log book can then enter the task as "carried out" No local authority would expect a trainee to have carried out all the tasks listed entirely on their own [some simple tasks under supervision maybe] There will be a number of the tasks that will obviously be an "assisted task" but you still list them as a task you have carried out. For example, an engine change, would be carried out by a number of people in a team [and could be a mix of licensed, non-licensed, trainees, apprentices etc]

As I stated in my previous answer, list only what you have been involved in, get the licensed engineer you worked with to over-stamp you book entry as soon as possible after the event, so it is fresh in everyone's mind and be prepared when you do eventually go for your license to answer questions on the tasks you have listed in your OJT.

Tell him not to stress too much about it, I sure wherever he goes to get his OJT the staff there will be able to give him good local advice.