PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network Aviation East Coast
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2020, 12:29
dr dre

Received 357 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by unobtanium
Yous are all so delusional. 717's have been taking over 737 routes CBR and ADL etc, 320's will take over once the 717's are deployed elsewhere to battle REX and Alliance. 737 flying is up because they are taking up the 330 and 767 flights eg PER and SIN. All looks good now but once the market picks up it will be 320's that are expanding in capacity not 737's.
I thought it was Jetstar who were going to take over the world.....

The 320s are gutted with no IFE or wifi and have poor dispatch reliability. You don’t run RPT with aircraft designed for low density flying. Add to that in 2-3 years if international comes back in similar numbers to 2019 there will be a shortage with existing crew. NA will be lucky to hold on to existing crew with those pay rates and overseas contract deals offering substantial tax free commuting contracts.

The QF SH operation is actually quite efficient. A low minimum guarantee and the stand down clauses achieve that. If management really wanted to cut into crewing costs it would be for the LH operation when it returns, even on the 787/350 conditions they far exceed the narrowbody crewing costs. But as they don’t seem to be planning to outsource that flying then I’m pretty sure they haven’t got a secret scheme to outsource SH.

As long as NA keep getting JQ hand me downs I wouldn’t be worried, now if they were getting new NEOs and kitted out interiors then it’s another story.....