Old 24th Dec 2020, 11:59
  #5 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 69
Just to be clear an EASA 'frozen atpl' is no higher licence than the FAA CPL they are both same level ICAO licences. EASA is recognised probably by more recruiters around the world.but costs at least double what you would pay for FAA.If you have already started down FAA route I would recommend doing an instructor rating after FAA CPL add an instrument rating and try and get some hours.Flight instructors teaching FAA syllabus are still being advertised in some Asian countries and recently I have seen a well paid one in Saudi Arabia,In a couple of years If you wish to convert to another ICAO licence like EASA you can and you will find experience gained a great advantage and put you ahead of other job hunters.I still do some instructing PPL level in the UK (My main position is airline flying) but I usually point my students down this route especially now with 1000's of experienced guys out of work.
justasmallfire is offline