PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2020, 05:28
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
And the NT has already revoked the Hotspot classification for the vast majority of Sydney! In place for 4 days and already reviewed and rescinded based on NSW's testing & handling of the outbreak.

Let's see how many months WA takes...I'm tipping a 1:1 ratio, 1 day NT:1 month WA. I might be able to get back to work by Easter...That'll be after the WA election too!
Acting Northern Territory Chief Minister Nicole Manison says the NT has revoked a "large majority" of the declared hotspots in Greater Sydney.

This means that Sydneysiders quarantining in the NT will be released this afternoon — although anyone who has been to the northern beaches area will have to stay put.

"A number of suburbs that are already directly located around the outbreak will remain as hotspot areas," Ms Manison said. "What I can say is that the Greater Sydney area, including the Blue Mountains along with the Central Coast, will be removed effective immediately."

On Sunday, the NT declared Greater Sydney — including the Blue Mountains, Illawarra and the Central Coast — a coronavirus hotspot. The Northern Beaches local government area was declared a hotspot on Thursday last week.

Ms Manison said a full list of the remaining hotspot suburbs would be listed on the NT Government's coronavirus website shortly. She warned the Northern Territory would not hesitate to add more suburbs to the list if needed.

"Please know that if anything changes we will not hesitate to act quickly if we have to in the coming days," Ms Manison said. "The Territory has been the safest place in the country and that has been for good reason. "Every decision on every day for the last 10 months has always been about keeping Territorians safe and putting them first, and that is something that we will never change." Source