PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2020, 06:28
blubak

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
Please tell the rest of us why that might be? Surely it wouldn't be because your esteemed leader refused to pull his weight with international arrivals during the initial stages of the pandemic - preferring to let other states carry the load, while at the same time, crowing about how good his measures have been? And surely that wouldn't be because he hasn't prepared said state for its' own COVID outbreak, instead preferring to whinge about how only "2,000 tests is four times the normal number and that's why people were turned away from getting tested" while NSW can successfully test over 44,000 people in one day!

Any turkey can close the borders and say "Look how good we have done!", that's not the real measure of success - particularly when you are not your own nation, but part of a federation of states. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised - WA didn't even sign up to Federation when everyone else did, that came weeks later when they finally decided they should be part of Australia....

While I am rightly critical of the NSW Government on many levels, I would say they have been the most successful - and the most reasonable - in the entire thing. They have brought back more Australian's through Sydney since March than all the other states combined! They have done so, notwithstanding they have had several outbreaks and have only closed one border once and even then it took a serious outbreak to trigger that, and they have proven many times they can get on top of any outbreaks fairly rapidly. And even now when when dealing with their most significant outbreak in months, at a time when other states are shutting NSWelshmen out, they continue to bring significantly more Australian through Sydney than other states.

Nope, I wouldn't be proud to say I'm from Qld or WA when talking about a COVID response....
Over 20000 tests in vic yesterday,over 40000 in nsw,forget about the past,forget about who is red or blue,what is important now is how important the public consider doing the right thing is & these figures speak for themselves.
Lets enjoy xmas & just do the right thing,u may not like the government or the cho or the restrictions in place but like i have said before imagine living in europe right now,a relative who works in the medical system in the netherlands just told me today they have a government with no b..ls,people just go f u.