PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2020, 22:01
KRviator

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by WingNut60
This state has not had a case of virus in-the-wild or Covid death in over 250 days.
Please tell the rest of us why that might be? Surely it wouldn't be because your esteemed leader refused to pull his weight with international arrivals during the initial stages of the pandemic - preferring to let other states carry the load, while at the same time, crowing about how good his measures have been? And surely that wouldn't be because he hasn't prepared said state for its' own COVID outbreak, instead preferring to whinge about how only "2,000 tests is four times the normal number and that's why people were turned away from getting tested" while NSW can successfully test over 44,000 people in one day!

Any turkey can close the borders and say "Look how good we have done!", that's not the real measure of success - particularly when you are not your own nation, but part of a federation of states. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised - WA didn't even sign up to Federation when everyone else did, that came weeks later when they finally decided they should be part of Australia....

While I am rightly critical of the NSW Government on many levels, I would say they have been the most successful - and the most reasonable - in the entire thing. They have brought back more Australian's through Sydney since March than all the other states combined! They have done so, notwithstanding they have had several outbreaks and have only closed one border once and even then it took a serious outbreak to trigger that, and they have proven many times they can get on top of any outbreaks fairly rapidly. And even now when when dealing with their most significant outbreak in months, at a time when other states are shutting NSWelshmen out, they continue to bring significantly more Australian through Sydney than other states.

Nope, I wouldn't be proud to say I'm from Qld or WA when talking about a COVID response....