PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B.O.A.C. Geoffrey Hargreaves. 1970's
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2020, 18:38
condor17

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aplols for thread drift again , not sure how it will be managed ?
Mooncrest , mainly it was ... however various bits were kept , some to this day ..
Bealine are BA tugs around LHR .
Shuttle started on 12th Jan '75 with GLA , now it's all domestics as seen on Flightradar . SHT 7L got slurred to SHT Semolina , SHT 7 P or U got SHT 7up .
Albion was domestics in 'n out of the regions .
Gordo , glad to know where it came from . Can see where you're from with Norsejet ; I'd have gone with Boudicca or Nelson !
Brain says NE 454 became Speedbird / Albion ? 4454 ? Was that NCL ?

Companies no , but C/Ss
Airviews [ Mcr ] ,
Bealine ,
Shuttle ,
Albion ,
Speedbird ,
Airtours [ British ] ,
Caledonian ,
Aer Lingus ,
Shamrock .
AbbasAir ...

Back to Tehran .. 'gurlfriend of the time '80ish , was volunteer C/C on the THR shuttles taking expats out in an hurry . From Kuwait 707 into THR keep engines turning 'n burning , run on the pax . Cannot remember if only handbags ? Slam the door and hightail back to KWI . Good slip , hotel , money , party ..
Ba then ruined it by running it from Bagdad , and wondered why the volunteers very quickly Un-volunteered . That 25 yr old Geordie 'gurl's quote '' It's the A+++hole of the world , I'm not going again '' .

Not quite The Gypsy , but A gypsy , '87-'97 saw me posted to 7 bases , with 6 types [ or 8 if you separate 75 from 76 ] .
Not a record , but got a bit dizzy , however conversion courses all became routine .

rgds condor .