PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2020, 07:43
Global Aviator

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyload
The thread title is now so wrong. I rename it to "Only one border must close" .Yes, that's right. We didn't invent the virus here. It arrived by air or sea. Australia is an island, so in the national interests we just now need to bite the bullet and stop all international passenger flights. All of them. No more tourists, no more repatriations, no more incoming pax or transiting aircrew from anywhere, period. I'm appalled that the new highly contagious virulent strain from the UK has now been detected in Australia. Whereas the EU is already stopping UK flights, Australia is wide open. Enough. Don't let them depart or turn them back midair.
No worries Pauline.

What about all the Aussies trying to get home that have had multiple flight cancellations? Aussies that get called and given 24 hours notice to get on a repat flight? Aussies that want to come home full stop. I suggest you pick up your passport and have a read of the pages..............

How many other passenger flights are coming in? Apart from A listers on Globals to Byron?

Yes 100% the system needs to be fixed to be bullet proof but while you’ve got states and territories not working as a team ya got no hope. For instance why is Howard Springs not being fully utilised? Get the ADF in if necessary but use the facility, it’s the closest thing to a purpose built quarantine facility Aus has, get all 3500 beds going. Easy? No! Doable? Yes!

I think we are better than F off we’re full!