PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Test fees
Thread: Test fees
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2020, 17:51
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A revalidation by test or a renewal for a recently lapsed SEP rating takes an hour plus brief/debrief. Our examiner charges £50. A Skills Test takes 2 hours flying plus brief/debrief and the charge is £100. We charge the solo rate for PA28 hire of £162 including VAT, fuel, everything for reval/renewal. We normally give the 2 hours aircraft hire for a Skills Test free of charge if the student has done the whole course with us, as a reward for staying the distance.. We never offer a discount otherwise, nor do we accept payments in advance, strictly pay as you go. Instruction is £30 to the instructor, sadly we have to add £6 to this for the VAT. Club members only pay £30 for instruction for revalidation if in their own aircraft, as a private arrangement with the instructor.
We don't charge anything for signing paperwork or licences, printing out forms etc, even though it can be time consuming and costs the Club money. We take the view that the direct expenses incurred such as computer, printer, paper, internet connection, premises rates, rental, light and heat come from Club member fees.
There has been a tradition that examiners and instructors don't charge for signatures. However, I know some places are starting to charge. I won't even charge visitors who aren't Club members, though when they press a drink into my hands I don't say 'no'.

TOO