PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2020, 06:09
LostWanderer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
Don’t be to concerned yet of months of stand down etc. As the NSW premier said today 30 cases sounds bad but, it’s not all bad news all within Northern beaches 28 are linked to the RSL 2 under investigation. Hopefully tomorrow if there are still high numbers they’re all in the same LGA. One things I have seen is the compliance of ppl to stay home in the last 3 days which is encouraging. Just like the Parafield cluster this Northern beaches cluster will be short lived and just a bump in the road
I love optimism as much as the next guy, but every time a city/state/country believes things are getting under control...right on cue we get a flare up of differing severity. Question is, while maybe this one will be small and controlled there is no assurance the next one will be and I would wager there will be more to come.

All it takes is a severe super spreader event and a whole bunch more of us will likely not return to the skies anytime in the near future and for some maybe never as a bunch of QF and VA folk sadly have experienced. It'a a fragile little industry and until a vaccine is widely available and actually fully effective against the virus and mutation, any job security in the airlines are going to be minimal at best.