PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2020, 06:05
goodonyamate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There were two people, a 60 year old and a 70 year old, who had symptoms, got tested, were ordered to quarantine and didn’t. Instead they went on a tour of the northern beaches including the Avalon rsl and bowlo. This has been well documented.

i accept that how they contracted it is still a mystery.

however, because of the selfishness and sense of entitlement of these two (yes they are boomers...gen x 1965...) the outbreak worsened when it shouldnt have, at least not to the current extent.

these two should be Locked up. I make no apologies for singling them out as boomers. As gen x myself, I’ve followed them my whole life, and seen the massive windfalls that have come their way, that no current generation will ever see. It’s like a drug for them. They always want more. And they want the following generations to pay for it. When this all kicked off in March, in my area, everyone was doing the right thing. Distancing, staying home etc...everyone except the boomers who were out mingling with their friends. Saw it first hand. No distancing. Nothing.
my parents are disgusted at their own generation. Because of these two. Thousands of xmas’s, including my own family’s, are ruined. Haven’t seen them since January. And now won’t.

Edit...small number of boomers giving the rest a bad name.