PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 8th Dec 2003, 09:59
PaulE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear onlyemirates, Sydgirl and crew.

Thank you.

Every single point you bought up is valid and I do understand where you are coming from, now. However, the only reason why I attended the open day was because I had heard nothing from Emirates re: online application and then literally days prior to the O.D I received the email "thanks but no thanks" and I put it down to photo's I submitted on the online application.

Maybe it is a fault or flaw within my character to want something so much that I will travel half way across the country for it. Booking train tickets, cabs, bus tickets, taking unpaid time off work, getting my shifts covered, haircut etc to get me there and then having to cancel them all last minute?? Te me didn’t make sense, especially when I don’t have ££££ to throw around town - as we all know London is NOT the cheapest city in the world.
I saw it as a last ditch attempt to "go for it". As they say miracles can happen. Something within me just knew I was going to get that call. Sounds weird but I always follow my gut instincts.... and I went for it. I follow the belief of "expect nothing and anything you receive is really a bonus."

"... how do u know that EK does not want Brick layers, fire-fighters, Nurses, solicitors, Dentists????" I don’t know. No one knows this except for those people who are in the know. My point I was trying to convey was that they state people must have a customer service background...what is deemed a customer service background? Without bringing in the endless stalks of preconceived notions of "customer service"

"How do u know that I am not a recruiter for EK and I toy with ppl on forums to see who has attitude and who does not."
Again I don’t know this because your identity has remained within the shadows. However, this time I threw the bait and you lunged for it. Be it me sacrificing my Emirates career for the sake of everyone finding out - is something I might have already done?! And I can only hope that people will be able to confirm the information they are receiving is correct, accurate and coming from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. Regardless of who you are I know for a fact that your information has proved priceless. One can only see that this post is still getting hits and countless messages that keep appearing and regardless of your identity - I’m sure people like me quietly do thank you for this!

So either which way I will wait, take some time out, obviously reassess the situation and if the time is right - reapply.

Take care all and keep on posting people!

paule