PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 8th Dec 2003, 08:21
onlyemirates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Paul E, Syd Girl etc...

Paul E, now that explains it! Yes of course u have been rejected cos of applying on line and not being short-listed, then turning up to an Opening Day when u should know not to turn up within 6 months unhless u made it through to final therefore 1 year. By teasing the system and trying to slip through, u may have been black-listed, I can't guarantee, but if I had 100 applicants that I declined to employ and told them to get back to me in 6 months and that was the only way to continue to succeed to the airline, and 2 of those 100 tried to slip through at O.D.... what do u think will be put on your file in Dubai????? Presentable too determined, tried to slip through, how do we know he won't try and slip a friend through in a hotel room and have a party during lay over, how do we know he won't steal a bottle of champagne from J class and take home with him etc........
Syd girl is right.... u don't perhaps fit heir mold, but others do and love the job and stayed well beyond the 3 yr contract, EK actually hopes that you fulfil 2 contracts 6 yrs..... but average is 4 yrs,,, one contract and completing b4 end of next.

Read syd girls final comments, very valid

Paul E... u mention friends have a solid background in Hospitality and u have strong Customer Service... how do u know that EK does not want Brick layers, fire-fighters, Nurses, solicitors, Dentists???? funny as it sounds, these people have not been moulded the way u perhaps have. Working for top hotels and resorts often are a negative, as u have been showed the way of the hotel/resorts style. A nurse will only know things about hospital and carting for patients, but not serving of F&B etc.... they may well prefer this, I know for a fact that moulded people are in a ways outsiders.

How do u know that I am not a recruiter for EK and I toy with ppl on forums to see who has attitude and who does not. i tell u something I would be able to eliminate so fast that you would be mind boggled. Yet on the other hand I have noted some sensations and people that r up-lifting and really helping others and even when they did not get through passed on info to others and supported them, do u think i would not go to their file and trype "hire in 6 months, upon positive presentation".

Think about it!