PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2020, 18:27
blubak

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
And, what's the population of Adelaide? 1.5 million? So around 1 case per 100,000 residents, give or take. Apply that rationale to Sydney and you'll need 70 cases to call it an equivalent outbreak. That being said, we might get there, and I say that as a NSW resident.

I bloody well will blame other states if they aren't willing to carry their fair share of the incoming passenger load. When was the last time Tasmania took a planeload of international arrivals. Every other state - and their citizens - has been more than happy to let NSW carry the can, in come cases, with 60+% of the incoming arrivals, yet with NSW only having around 30% of the Australian population! But they're also very quick & happy to decry "those filthy sickly NSWelshmen!" the instant something like this happens and shut the borders.

Yep, great times to be an Australian looking after your mates...
I thoroughly get what u say about people in other states referring to NSW residents as being filthy etc.
We went through it here in Vic for many many weeks & even had people in regional areas doing it to melbourne residents.
I think now because of what we went through we support our border being closed but not for a get back at other states but just to make sure we dont get locked up again.
No govt is perfect however i think we must agree in reality they are all dealing with something never seen before.
We hated & still do having to wear masks but is it that much of a sacrifice if it helps stop the spread?
I dont care if the premier is lib or lab,lets all do something to keep australia virus free.