PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Humax hard disk freeview box
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2020, 09:52
11277m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Loose rivets
When finally disposing of them keep the degaussing coils. Opened carefully enough there's a lifetime's supply of the most beautiful copper wire. I suppose there are very few TV's these days with good speakers.
Yes,LR, perhaps I should remove some of the components for safe storage, just in case. There's a lot of quality stuff in there. Even the speakers are a half-decent size, especially compared to modern stuff which is so often simply unacceptable. For the TV in the kitchen I found a pair of computer speakers, with internal amp, solved the problem economically. In another room, having paid £250 for a freesat HD 32 inch TV I next had to spend £99 for a soundbar, which likes to think it's in a cinema and unreasonably boosts the bass. I'm thinking of plugging up the bass port with blutack.

I've been amazed to compare the prices of TV's over the years, since the early 1970's when a middle-of-the-road colour TV cost about £250, when £250 was a lot of money. Since then they have remained pretty much the same price, even now when £250 isn't much money at all.