PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Humax hard disk freeview box
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2020, 10:51
11277m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a cheap Humax 1100s freesat box a couple of years ago. It has just one tuner and comes without a hard drive, so you have to plug your own into the usb port.
Obviously with just one tuner can either watch or record, but not both at the same time.

When I first wanted to record a prog I plugged in a small (120GB) disc and that soon became full. I understand that the HDD is locked to the humax machine and I didn't want to risk trying to have two drives registered in case it will only recognise one HDD so I found a larger (500GB) drive and used Macrium reflect to clone the small drive onto the large one, then expanded the partition using diskpart to the full drive capacity and that's working fine now.

You could try removing the current HDD and clone it to a blank drive and see if that works in your Humax machine. I guess it depends on whether the fault is the Humax or the HDD. How about putting another HDD in the machine and then asking Humax to repair it, thus keeping your recordings safe?

Last edited by 11277m; 17th Dec 2020 at 11:03.