PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 16th Dec 2020, 07:55
Marco10_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL USA or EU

Hi Everyone,
I'm Marco from Italy, 21 years old dreaming to become arline pilot. During last year i've started considering Lufthansa's flight training in europe: one among the few that guarantees an employement after the training. They pay the hole cost of it and the sum will be given back by working for the airline once hired.
I thought that was the best way to get to the cockpit, thus I started learning german about one year ago, reaching quite good results. Of course the Pandemic ruined all my plans and Lufthansa has momentarily cancelled the flight training. I'm keeping learning german hoping that with the coming of the new year they'll recall the training, but that's quite unlikely.
Thus i started considering different ways like getting a PPL and do time building in order to avoid wasting time and money with other flight schools in Europe which offer 0 to ATPL FROZEN without having neither the needed hours to make the license effective nor the job they promise.
I'd like to know your point of view about which is the best way to get the ATPL.
which is the better choice? Getting the PPL in US or in EU?
Is it possibile to get a CPL if one only holds a PPL? In my best scenario I would get the PPL before, the CPL later, building time by working with the CPL and than apply for ATPL once i have the necessary hours.
Thank you all for the attention, i'm looking forward for your advices!